Tabletop Game Designer Registration
PlaytestNW was created specifically to help designers get their games in front of as many playtesters as possible. We'd love to have you join us at a demo event and the first step to making that happen is to register your game for our demo database.
PlaytestNW is a sort of co-op for tabletop game designers. General membership is free and give you the opportunity to demo your games at our regular store, coffeehouse, and library events.
PlaytestNW runs as many as 8 game playtest events every month at a variety of game stores, cafes, coffeehouses, and libraries in the greater Seattle/Bellevue area. Some are as small as two or three tables and a handful of playtesters, while others can have as many as fifteen demo tables and up to a hundred playtesters over the course of the event. Here are some of the venues we work with.
- Round The Table, Lynnwood
- Blue Highway Games, Queen Anne in Seattle
- Raygun Lounge, Capital Hill in Seattle
- Wayward Coffeehouse, Roosevelt, Seattle
- Dragon's Hoard Games, Silverdale
- Skyway Library, South Seattle
- Uptown Espresso & Gameporium, West Seattle
- Card Kingdom, Ballard in Seattle
- MOX Boarding House, Bellevue
- Uncle's Games, Redmond
In addition to the free membership described above, we also offer a $25 per month paid membership that helps to support PlaytestNW events and gives you access to benefits geared toward your needs as a game designer. Read what the membership has to offer, or if you're ready to make the decision now, jump down to the bottom of this page!
- Preferred table reservations at all PlaytestNW convention events
- A Free Badge with your table reservations at PlaytestNW convention events
- Free NounPro Membership at NounProject.com
- 10% Game Crafter Discount for your prototype projects
- Access to the Daily Magic Games Brain Trust and Workspace
PlaytestNW presents playtesting events at five local conventions every year. As a paid member of PlaytestNW you will receive preferred table reservations for these events and a FREE badge for the entire convention so, when you're not playtesting your games, you can attend other convention events. The combined value of the badges for these events is well worth joining playtestNW alone!
- March 1 - 4, 2018 Emerald City Comic Con, Seattle WA
- June 2 - 3, 2018 Evergreen Tabletop Expo, Seattle WA
- August 24 - 26, 2018 Dragonflight, Bellevue WA
- Aug 31 - Sept 3, 2018 PAX West, Seattle WA
- October 6 - 7, 2018 Geek Girl Con, Seattle WA
We're able to host these events because conventions know that playtesting prototypes is a big draw for board gamers. Additionally, the buzz and activity of having tables full of engaged and enthusiastic gamers helps them secure a good experience at their convention.
NounProject.com has more icons than any other repository on the Internet. Your PlaytestNW Membership comes with a FREE NounPro Membership at NounProject.com. Having this membership means that you are able to use the NounProject icons without attribution on the components in your prototypes and in your final printed games.
The Game Crafter
As your prototype evolves, you'll eventually want to get some nice copies printed up to send out for blind playtesting and reviewer comments, and TheGameCrafter.com is the best and easiest means for getting that done. Send us a copy of your Game Crafter invoice for your registered prototype project and we'll reimburse you for 10% of the production cost.
As a local, you have the opportunity to come to our office and make personal use of our resources and experience. We have most every tool and component you're likely to need for prototyping, including Adobe Creative Suite, color laser and inkjet printers, hundreds of different types of game bits, and much much more. Advance reservation is required.